The distribution of unsolicited emails (a.k.a spam) has been a massive threat to both businesses and recipients.
In Q3 2020, a well-known email marketing platform – Sendgrid – had 140 reported phishing spam complaints (it certainly had a massive effect on their clients’ email deliverability). This proves cybercriminals are evolving with their malicious practices and even utilising ESPs to achieve their nefarious goals.
Furthermore, according to stats, the biggest share of spam in global email traffic was recorded in Q3 2020, more specifically in August, 50% with Russian leading the charts as the top spam country (nearly 24%) followed by Germany (11%) and the U.S. (11%).
Do you know which are the worst spam countries? How about the worst spam support ISPs? Here are Spamhaus’s stats as of December 21, 2020 –
Top 5 Worst Spam Countries
1) China – 3,173 current live spam issues
2) The U.S. – 2,526 current live spam issues
3) Russia – 675 current live spam issues
4) Korea – 654 current live spam issues
5) Japan – 373 current live spam issues
Top 5 Worst Spam Support ISPs
1) kornet.net – 474 reported phishing spam complaints
2) chinanet-js – 325 reported phishing spam complaints
3) google.com – 304 reported phishing spam complaints (compared to 259 in October)
4) microsoft.com – 271 reported phishing spam complaints (compared to 232 in October)
5) cloudflare.com – 251 reported phishing spam complaints (the company offers cybersecurity services, ironically)