“We sometimes forget: Every email subject line is a pitch.” – Daniel Pink
Your email’s subject line is the first thing people see and the biggest factor in whether they click through… so you need to make sure it’s good!
To help you on your way, here are 27 great short, sharp, inbox-friendly ideas for email subject lines you can adapt to your brand.
In this article, we’ll cover email subject lines that catch a reader’s attention using:
- Vanity and FOMO
- Pain Points and Problem-Solving
Ready to get inspired? Read on!
Example Subject Lines that Use URGENCY:
1. Uh-Oh! Looks like your subscription is expiring…
2. SALE: Must End Tonight!
3. Grab Your Voucher Before it Expires!
4. Hurry: We’re Nearly Out of Stock
5. 50% off all lines until THIS Friday
Example Subject Lines that Use CURIOSITY:
6. We have a surprise for you!
7. Weird habits of the rich and famous
8. Are you sure you want to open this email?
9. Secrets of Instagram Influencers
Example Subject Lines that Use VANITY or FOMO:
10. How far have you come since graduation?
11. Don’t Get Caught Wearing Last Year’s Styles
12. Get the Recognition You Deserve
13. 5 Unmissable Events This Weekend
14. DON’T commit these interview faux-pas!
Example Subject Lines that Use HUMOUR:
15. The 6 Worst People in Your Office
16. Negotiating tips so good they work on your mother-in-law
17. 7 Ways to Get Noticed (With Your Clothes On)
Example Subject Lines that Use TEMPTATION:
18. Irresistible Chocolate Recipes
19. Go on, treat yourself
20. Take a peek at our new product line
21. How hot is this car?
Example Subject Lines that Use MAKING THINGS EASIER:
22. Grow Your Customer Base 15x Faster With These Hacks
23. Learn a New Skill in Just 10 Minutes Per Day
24. 6 Ways to Use Up Christmas Dinner Leftovers
25. Psst! Steal these business card templates…
26. Feed Your Family on £5 Per Day
27. 3 Time-Saving Tips for Your Week Ahead
Despite what people say, they do judge emails by their subject line. In fact, 47% of marketers state they test different email subject lines in order to optimise their emails’ performance. At the end of the day, if your emails aren’t getting opened, they’re definitely not getting seen. Hence, if you’ve got great content to share you’ve got to prove it in your email subject line.
Now that we’ve stirred your creative juices with these awesome ideas for email subject lines, we’d like to recommend taking a look at our piece on the core ingredients that make up the best subject lines.