How customer experience (CX) trends have changed?
2020 brought upon swift and unprecedented changes and challenges. The COVID-19 pandemic transformed not only our way of life and the way we communicate and connect, but it also caused an economic and social disruption forcing customers to reevaluate their values as well as their expectations from businesses they interact with.
While the concept of digital transformation (digital-first world) is certainly nothing new, it has never before been so crucial for all businesses to push ahead – or they’ll risk playing catch up. The surge in online purchasing – ecommerce sales jumped 30% during the pandemic – has put new pressure on businesses to meet their customers’ expectations. Companies were forced to adapt in ways they never thought possible (or even considered) at a time where customer experience (CX) has become even more vital.
Zendesk’s Customer Experience Trends Report 2021 has reviewed data from 90,000 businesses across 175 countries and these are some of the insights.
- 75% of customers will spend more with businesses that offer good CX
- 50% of customers state CX is more important to them now than it was a year ago
- 65% of customers want to buy from brands that provide hassle-free online transactions and experience
- 50% of customers will switch to a competitor after just one bad customer experience
- 80% of customers will jump ship after more than one unsatisfactory CX
- 35% of businesses are investing more in providing services across multiple channels
- 75% of businesses agree the pandemic compressed their timeline for acquiring new technologies as they seek new ways to reach customers
- 50% of CX managers state digital adoption have accelerated by one to three years
To find more insights, top trends in CX and tailored best practices, get the full report here.