[Survey] Marketing During COVID-19 pandemic.

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a vast majority of marketers have either adjusted or completely halted their marketing activities.

Marketing and PR firm Element-R Partners conducted a survey polling 127 professionals in the digital, PR and marketing communications. According to the results, 74% of marketers stated they’ve changed course or have temporarily ceased their marketing activities. On the other hand, 26% said they have not altered their marketing approach.

Furthermore, of the marketers who participated in the survey, 61% feel highly annoyed when receiving emails (or calls) from businesses that seem to be operating as usual. Actually, 29% appear to be highly irritated by this. Only 11% state it doesn’t really bother them – at all, whilst 28% simply remain neutral.

When asked to describe their current marketing activities amid the COVID-19 pandemic, 47.2% said they are shifting tactics, 16.5% have temporarily suspended their marketing activity, 15% are doing less while only 7.1% are doing more with their marketing activities. Moreover, 8.7% are using this dreadful pandemic situation as an opportunity to plan their marketing approach, while 5.5% are conducting business as usual.

The survey also asked the participants the one question that’s on all marketers’ minds. “When will things get back to normal?” Unsurprisingly, 48% of respondents said they will wait to see ‘signs of normalcy’ and 26% don’t even know. 11.8% believe things will get back to normal within 3 to 5 weeks and 7.1% believe normalcy will come within two weeks. 

We’d like to warn you that the survey was conducted at the end of March. Thus, the results may not be reflective of the current situation.

Professional Email Marketing | Powered by EmailOut.comOpen your Unlimited Sends one-month free trial today – after your first month with us you can switch to our FreeForever account giving you 12,500 sends to 2,500 contacts each and every month for free, forever. Corporate email marketing? Contact us.

Free Email Marketing Software by EmailOut.com
[EmailAddress]
[EmailAddress]
[EmailAddress]
[EmailAddress]