Is your social media strategy languishing because you’re not sure where to start?
Dust off that Twitter account and get things off the ground with these quick and practical social media marketing tips.
In this article, we’ll help you ‘revive’ your social media strategy by covering the following social media marketing tips for …
- Social Media in General
Are you ready? Let’s go.
1. Ask your followers to change their settings to “see first” your posts.
2. Create a cool cover video for your company page.
3. Avoid having any text in images if you plan to sponsor a post, as Facebook will stop it showing up in people’s newsfeeds.
4. Get back to people quickly if they comment or message you.
5. Make use of Facebook Analytics to keep track of what content does best, and what post times get the best engagement.
6. Experiment with ad targeting to figure out what works before you commit a big budget.
Follow us on Facebook.
7. Make your tweets as visual as possible. Photos and videos stand out so much more than plain text.
8. If you’re tweeting an article, use a key quote or statistic in your post to capture attention and encourage retweets.
9. Use discoverable keywords.
10. Tag people in your tweets if you mention them or share something they’ve created.
11. Set up Twitter Lists to make it easier to follow updates from certain people or groups.
Follow us on Twitter.
12. Join relevant groups and be active in them (not just when you have something to sell).
13. Use the blog function to publish interesting articles – and share them on the platform.
14. Weave important keywords into your company page description.
15. Recommend other people. It encourages them to do the same!
16. Make sure your personal profile is complete and up-to-date.
17. Get your team to link to your company page from their profiles to push you up the search rankings.
Follow us on LinkedIn.
18. Include interesting descriptions alongside your images.
19. Make sure your images are always beautiful, even if your brand isn’t particularly style-conscious.
20. Post “behind-the-scenes” photos to project the personality of your company.
21. Create a series of connected images to keep people intrigued by what’s coming next.
22. Switch to a business profile.
23. Create product teasers to gently push products (without a hard sell).
Follow us on Instagram.
5. General Social Media Marketing Tips
24. Experiment with posting at different times of the day.
25. Reply to comments (and do it quickly).
26. Start conversations by asking questions and posting comments on other people’s content and posts.
27. Share other people’s content and posts (if they’re relevant, obviously!).
28. Be super-concise in all your posts.
29. Use a few well-placed hashtags to make it easy for people to find your posts (but don’t overdo it).
30. Create and share a native video for that platform (where possible).
31. Use a tool like Hootsuite to schedule your posts in advance.
32. Include links to your social media pages in marketing emails.
33. Post daily so that people don’t lose interest!
That should be plenty of social media marketing tips to jump-start your social media strategy. Go forth and post!
Oh, whilst we’re on the topic of social media strategy, why don’t you take a look at our product launch guide article? We’re certain the knowledge gained from both posts will boost your business in no time.