2020 was challenging for all – businesses, marketers and consumers alike.
Take a look at Mapp’s (an international provider of insight-led customer engagement) digital marketing survey results to find out –
- 45% of UK ecommerce brands saw a boost in ecommerce sales in 2020
- 75% of businesses can identify less than 20% of customers who visit their website (anything to do with Google’s 3P cookies?)
- 38% of businesses can only identify less than 10% of customers visiting their website
- 33% of ecommerce businesses provide a personalised website experience
- only 13% of businesses look at providing a personalised website experience in 2021
- 63% of businesses struggle with unconnected data sets and only a partial view of customer behaviour
- only 27% of businesses use dynamic content on their website
- 65% of businesses have accelerated digital and technological innovation due to the COVID-19 outbreak
- 61% of businesses report their customer engagement platform significantly contributed to their growth in 2020
You can download Mapp’s The State of Digital Marketing 2021 (UK) infographic here.