Are you maximizing the ROI from your email marketing efforts?
With 2020 just around the corner, it’s time to take a look at the state of email marketing in 2019 and, of course, plan accordingly.
A research conducted by Demand Metric and Return Path by Validity uncover the tactics email marketers have been using; how well they’re working; brands’ top objectives; and, what challenges prevent greater success in email.
Here are some of the key findings for 2019:
- The top email marketing objectives are communicating with customers (74%), building brand awareness (64%) and communicating with prospects (63%).
- Over one-third of study participants (37%) report that email marketing effectiveness is increasing, down from 44% in 2018.
- Firms that report increasing email marketing effectiveness are more likely to also report annual revenue growth.
- The biggest email marketing challenge is competition for attention in the inbox (45%).
- Email deliverability ranked third on the list of challenges and saw a 12% increase compared to 2018.
- Email personalisation was the top email marketing tactic in use (72%), a slight increase from 2018.
- One-third of the study participants have no formal subject-line optimisation process.
Download “The State of Email Marketing 2019” report and start evaluating your email marketing efforts so far. Whilst some businesses might be doing an exceptional job, others are still struggling to achieve a return on their email marketing investment. Don’t be one of them.