Is your reach longer than your grasp?
“You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology – not the other way around.” – Steve Jobs
Marketers have tons of data at their disposal to help with understanding customers better and taking the necessary actions to meet their needs. However, on more than one occasion, marketers fall short when it comes to customers’ expectations. So, how can you optimise data to better meet your customers’ needs? Simon Data – in collaboration with Forrester Consulting – reveals the answer in its “When Data Drags You Down” report.
- proving ROI – 33%
- keeping up with various integrations – 32%
- struggling to translate customer insights into actionable outcomes – 32%
- organising messages and interactions across different channels/screens – 31%
- understanding marketing channels’ contribution to conversions – 29%
- managing the frequency and volume of communications to customers – 29%
- hiring, retaining and organising marketing personnel – 28%
- lack of integration among different marketing technologies – 35%
- lack of integration among different customer data sources – 34%
- duplication of technology – 34%
- underwhelming marketing results after onboarding new technology – 31%
- reliance on legacy systems – 30%
- not utilising technology to its fullest – 29%
- outdated technology – 28%
Brand’s Future Marketing Plans
- enhance customer satisfaction – 33%
- improve customer data quality – 29%
- boost revenue per customer – 28%
- improve lead/opportunity quality – 27%
Most Valuable Tech Capabilities In Achieving Marketing Objectives
- customer data integration across every end-channel – 80%
- one-stop, multichannel engagement hub – 79%
- customer data unification – 79%
- flexible, data-driven customer journey builder – 78%
- streamlined segmentation workflow – 77%
- robust end-channel personalisation based on data – 76%
Your martech stack is the key that unlocks the door to success. To learn more about recognising performance gaps, how to maximise the use of customer data and the benefits of delivering a more united customer experience, download the ‘When Data Drags You Down Report’ here.
Do you have any suggestions or ideas about which digital marketing news topics you’d like us to look out for in the future? Write your requests below. We’ll keep an eye (or two) out so you don’t have to – and all for FREE, of course.
EmailOut offers the most generous freemium email marketing software product for professional micro-businesses and SMEs across the globe coupled with the very best rates for large volume corporate senders. Take a look now.